You and four of your friends climb into a vat of grapes and stomp for two minutes. The juice, which pours out of a drain at the bottom of the vat, is weighed and recorded. The six highest weights in each category return on Sunday for the official stomp-off competition.
Total prize purse of $1,310!
Cash prizes are awarded to the top three places in each category.
Stomp for Cash
Early entry fee is $70 per team. After Aug. 8 entry fee is $90. Your team keeps the cash if you win.
1st Place $300
2nd Place $200
3rd place $100
Early entry fee is $30 per team/after Aug. 8, entry fee is $50. Prize money is donated to the school or student organization of your choice.
1st Place $100
2nd Place $75
3rd place $50
Stomp for Charity
Early entry fee is $50 per team. After Aug. 8, entry fee is $70. Prize money is donated to your favorite charity.
1st place - $225
2nd place - $160
3rd place – $100
Registration Deadline is August 8, 2014.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for any of your Grape Stomp questions.
The Wine & Harvest Festival Activities are family oriented and the rules are as follows:
1. The team captain will be notified of preliminary stomp time the first week of September. The schedule cannot be completed until all applications are received, so please do not call prior to September 4, 2014.
2. Please verify your category when signing in. Checks for winners in the Charity and Student Stomp categories will be issued to the organization designated on the entry form.
3. Stomping consists of two timed minutes. Five persons or less to a team.
4. ONLY juice, not pulp, produced by stomping will be weighed and recorded. The highest weights produced in each category on Saturday will qualify for Sunday’s finals. In the case of rain on Sunday, the prizes will be paid out according to Saturday’s weights.
5. Team captains are responsible for bringing the juice to the weigh station, filtering the juice, and verifying the weight with the judges.
6. Team captain or team representative must be present at the 4:30 pm Saturday drawing for Sunday’s final stomp positions. If a team representative is not present, Grape Stomp officials will draw for the team’s position.
7. Intoxicated participants will not be allowed to participate. Use of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
8. Throwing grapes or juice will result in disqualification.
9. Please refrain from vulgarity and profanity.
10. No artificial aids either on hands or feet. Bare feet and hands only. We do suggest that you use pads on your knees.
11. No refunds.
12. Student Stomp: Students are required to show their student identification.
It is recommended that all jewelry or breakables be removed before stomping. We appreciate your participation. Thank you for helping make the festival a success!
Send your registration with your payment to:
Paw Paw Wine & Harvest Festival
P.O. Box 376
Paw Paw, MI 49079
269-655-1111 for questions